TYPE 6 ELASTOMER IN RAIL JOINT SYSTEM
For Movements 5mm – 150mm
The Sentinel® EMR Expansion Joint system is a Type 6 surface, mounted mechanical system that incorporates a central elastomeric seal inserted into two steel carrier rails. The carrier rails have special sinusoidal shaped reinforcements welded to the rear face, which lock the carrier rails into the Sentinel® Nosing Mortar.
The expansion joint requires no mechanical fixing to the substrate.
Benefits of Sentinel® EMR
- Rapid installation
- No mechanical fixings
- Can be installed on to both concrete and steel substrates
- Can be installed one lane at a time
- Suitable for expansion joint replacement or new build works
- Accepts horizontal and vertical movement. Allows horizontal movement up to 150mm
- Load bearing multi-chambered seals
- Installed to the as built geometry of the structure
- Can be supplied with an in-joint drainage system and secondary membrane for full waterproofing
- Installed only by authorised and trained contractors